AEI Consultants | Website
AEI Consultants is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our expanding HUD Building Assessment division. As a Project Manager, your primary responsibilities will include performing Capital Needs Assessments of existing commercial properties, monitoring new construction or renovation projects, and assisting with energy and ADA audits.
The Project Manager position is a unique opportunity that will expose you to all building types and all building systems. You will have the opportunity to assess and report on the property condition of various commercial projects such as multi-family residential, office, hospitality, retail, industrial, educational, religious, educational, recreational, medical, and assisted living property types, as well as manufactured housing and marinas. The project manager should be familiar with the performance of building and site systems. A candidate for this position should have a background in architecture, engineering, building forensics, or construction management. A college degree in one of these disciplines as well as industry experience is required. Property condition assessment work requires technical writing proficiency, photography skills, understanding of cost estimating for general budget purposes.
Within Construction Consulting Services, the Project Manager will assist our clients in identifying construction risks and keep them informed as to a project’s construction status. This is an exciting position. No other position will expose you to all of the intricacies and stakeholders of the real estate development and delivery process. You will work on various commercial projects such as residential, office, hospitality, retail, and distribution/warehousing.
Responsibilities for the project manager will include the following:
- Make forensic assessment of major building systems and distressed conditions
- Take photos of site and building system conditions
- Conduct basic interviews and research covering property maintenance history
- Make recommendations for maintenance and probable costs for building systems using our cost and recommendation libraries
- Write clear and concise condition and status reports using our in-house report templates
- Conduct public records research regarding building, zoning, and fire code violations
- Conduct periodic site visits to: monitor construction, review contractors’ requisitions for payment, and recommend the release of construction funds
- Observe general compliance of as-built conditions with the contract drawings and specifications
- Review construction schedules, trade payment breakdowns, job cost reports, and payment requisitions
- Manage multiple projects
- Be physically fit, capable of managing stairs as well as two or three-story ladders
- Work as a team member, utilizing the experience and knowledge of senior authors who will review and critique your reports before delivery to our clients
- Deliver outstanding client service with timely responses and proactive solutions.
We are seeking a professional, dedicated, enthusiastic individual with the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management required;
- Previous experience with HUD AEC, FHA, and ADA compliance strongly preferred;
- Certification as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect preferred;
- Previous construction administration, construction management, architecture, engineering or similar experience;
- Experience performing PCAs and related projects;
- Knowledge and experience in assessing various property types;
- Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements;
- Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types;
- Passion for being detail oriented and organized;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Advanced writing and communication skills;
- Personable and able to communicate with people at all levels;
- Willingness to travel if necessary;
- Self-starter, resourceful, and the ability to work productively and independently on multiple projects at a time under strict deadlines with guidance from senior staff;
- Ability to occasionally climb ladders to access two and three story, low-slope roofs;
- Physical fitness to work outside and navigate stairs, sites, and building interiors;
- Experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or HUD guidelines and Property Needs Assessments a plus.
AEI Consultants is an employee-owned international consulting firm that provides comprehensive services to commercial lenders, property owners, managers, tenants, and developers, industries, institutions, government agencies, and insurers, including many Fortune 500 companies. These services include environmental, property and facility assessments, zoning and energy consulting, site investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene, and construction risk management. Founded in 1992, AEI is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information about AEI Consultants, or to find an office near you, visit www.aeiconsultants.com.
At AEI Consultants, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating and preserving an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees and our community. AEI Consultants is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. AEI Consultants believes that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, click here.