Engie | Website
ENGIE North America Inc.
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Business Development Manager II
Generate sales of Retail products to commercial and industrial (C&I) customers within a prescribed territory & consistent with the Job Dimensions identified below, while abiding by Retail’s policies, processes & governance.
Midwest/East Coast (New Jersey/Philadelphia/Pennsylvania
Salary – Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Identify prospective C&I customers using Marketing campaigns & Hoovers while relying on your market knowledge, cold calling & networking skills resulting in the creation of a pipeline, within your prescribed territory.
- Qualify Creditworthiness of customers by referring to the Credit Guidelines while relying on your financial literacy & relationship management skills to obtain data from customers that will enable the analysis of credit risks.
- Qualify Customer’s Interest by obtaining necessary consumption data and/or necessary account information required to provide a price proposal which is informed by their specific load pattern.
- Assess the needs of customers and/or assigned brokers using questioning, listening and persuasive skills to influence the customers’ decision about the products they want to buy and assure that our proposal will meet or exceed their requirements. Understand ENGIE product offerings and articulate how our proposals will meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Propose electricity supply offers to qualified customers and/or brokers and assure that customers are evaluating offers on an “apples-to-apples” basis, thus increasing our odds of success in winning deals.
- Negotiate transaction terms & conditions with customers and brokers using standard contracts and the expertise of our Legal team while relying on your knowledge of our margin guidance & your negotiation skills to reach agreement.
- Close transactions with customers working with key functional support groups to assure proper service to the customer and realization of the expected revenues and margins from the transaction.
- Collaborate with members of the Key Account Team on transactions involving key customers while relying on your regional and CRM expertise to improve our odds of success in closing deals.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff.
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to travel via airplane, car, etc as required.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting up to 20lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of sales experience
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
Job: Sales / Customer services
Primary Location: North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia North America-United States-New Jersey
Nature of Responsibility: Professional / First Line team leader
To apply click here.