Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corportations | Website
The Communications & Events Coordinator works to inspire PACDC members, policymakers, funders, and partners to further our collective vision for an Equitable Philadelphia. The Coordinator will work to enhance PACDC’s organizational image and develop and implement strategies that effectively communicate PACDC’s and our members’ mission, programs, and unique value. They will also support PACDC’s Signature Events. This person will work closely with staff from the Member Services and other departments.
- Take the lead in implementing and updating PACDC’s strategic communications plan, measure success, and refine tactics as needed
- Craft compelling communications to members and other stakeholders, including programmatic e-newsletters/e-blasts, semi-monthly funding opportunities blast, events marketing, and other correspondence to promote PACDC, its programs, and opportunities for members, with assistance from staff
- Support planning and implementation of PACDC’s Signature Events, including our Annual Gala & Awards Ceremony, Equitable Development Conference, and Membership Meetings, in conjunction with other PACDC staff and event planner
- Provide communications support for Community Development Leadership Institute trainings and events, with leadership and direction from the Member Services team
- Provide communications support on advocacy campaigns, with leadership and direction from the Policy team
- Plan and create content for PACDC’s website and social media platforms
- Prepare the organization’s annual report and Signature Events collateral materials, with writing support from staff
- Help write articles/content for PACDC publications
- Coordinate graphic design assistance from outside firm
- Take the lead on marketing for the Iron Sharpens Iron podcast
- Convene member Communications Peer Group to share best practices
- Manage organization’s integrated database system (NationBuilder), with support from staff
- Minimum of 1 year of communications experience
- Outstanding research, writing, editing and oral communications skills
- Experience planning events
- Time management and project management skills/familiarity with project management tools, with strong attention to details
- Ability to prioritize work and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient in social media platforms and able to use data to inform strategy
- Experience with using CRM systems (such as Salesforce, DonorPerfect, Neon, NationBuilder, etc.), or ability to quickly become proficient with new software
- Familiarity with using Canva, and basic use of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro a bonus
- Familiarity with Philadelphia’s neighborhoods, and enthusiasm for working collaboratively to create an equitable Philadelphia
PACDC currently has a hybrid work schedule, with staff in the office two days per week. Given our requirement for all staff to be fully vaccinated and boosted, the successful candidate would need to be fully vaccinated as of their start date.
Compensation & How to Apply
This is an exempt, full-time position. Salary range is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits, including health, dental, life and disability insurance, generous Paid Time Off, Employer 401k contribution after one year of employment, professional development, commuter benefits, Wellness Fund, and a supportive working environment.
Please EMAIL resume and cover letter with the subject heading “Communications Coordinator” to: email@example.com
We are only accepting resumes via email (no calls please). We will notify candidates that proceed to the interview stage.
PACDC embraces diversity and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.