Chubb | Website
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
About Chubb’s Internships
Internships at Chubb helps interns learn, develop and succeed as they prepare to face the career challenges in today’s high performing and fast-paced business climate. Interns who succeed at Chubb are often considered for admission to Chubb’s Early Career Development Program, the Chubb Associate Program (CAP) after graduation. The CAP is an interdisciplinary program designed to assist in the professional development of select individuals whose performance, previous professional experience at or before Chubb, and educational achievements qualify them for consideration for admission as a Professional Associate.
The Chubb Internships are designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
- Targeted business training to support your career progression at Chubb;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
Assist in achieving the goals of the Chubb Global Environmental Program, including completing environmental reporting, working toward our greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goal, improving operational environmental sustainability, and driving employee engagement around environmental issues.
- Support the development of a global directory ranking the environmental performance of Chubb’s offices and identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Help manage a network of employees around the globe volunteering to pursue environmental projects in their offices.
- Coordinate with internal communications teams to inform employees about the Global Environmental Program and recruit interest in participation.
- Write and edit materials for use in internal distribution channels.
- Participate in researching and writing environmental reports specific to the finance industry.
Who are we looking for?
During your internship, you will be exposed to Chubb’s developmental approach and on-the-job training designed to help you refine your abilities in areas that Chubb deems key in the success of its future professionals. Areas of focus include:
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in many majors will be considered, preference for those in Environmental Science or related field
- Strong GPA; 3.3 or higher preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including formulas
- Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership experience through work or involvement in community service, athletics, clubs, or other activities preferred
- Technically adept/digitally savvy
- Intellectual agility: capable and willing to learn and apply new knowledge;
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients;
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time;
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings;
- Interpersonal/team skills: able to interact with colleagues effectively;
- Self-leadership: an ability to show initiative;
- Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
To apply click here.