PECO Energy Company | Website
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- This is an entry level position for the Distribution System Operator job family.
- Optimize the practices, policies, procedures and programs to operate the Electric distribution system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind.
- Follow established operating practices and procedures as they relate to customer restoration. Perform system restoration during storms and emergency events.
- Perform the work of receiving, recording, routing, dispatching customer calls, information, orders, and emergency calls. Serve as the tagging authority by leading and directing the application of the safety tagging procedures. Execute limited line clearance orders by confirming and directing the placement of tags. Lead, direct and supervise associates in restoring customers and safely clearing and restoring equipment. Recognize and reinforce strong performers. Take appropriate administrative actions to address weak performers.
- Control and operate equipment on the primary electric distribution system. Respond to all electrical service interruptions involving distribution equipment. Respond to electrical service interruptions including power quality, safety concerns, all outage categories at the distribution level.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of the Exelon Management Model for business controls and meet management’s expectation for conducting effective business.
- Position requires the ability to work extended hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays and overtime on regularly scheduled days off to support operations, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Dispatch and, if necessary, acquire additional qualified resources to address electric emergencies
- Dispatch electric planned and emergent work under the direction of the shift manager. Provide adequate ticket comments regarding outage characteristics in the OMS system.
- Acquire additional electric crews to support emergent repairs of the distribution electric system. Keep supervisors informed of abnormal system conditions, major customer outages and equipment related problems
- Keep supervisors informed of abnormal system conditions, major customer outages and equipment related problems. Maintain operating log, interruption reports and associated records to accurately record system status and sequence of events.
- Plan, schedule and load all work for all qualified workers into their mobile data terminals.
- Draft work requests and work orders for electrical distribution system equipment in need of repair.
- Two year Associates degree with a concentration in engineering or technology related field. OR high school degree with 4 years’ experience in a relevant experience OR one year internal Exelon experience performing DSD1 related work.
- Ability and willingness to progress to higher Distribution System Operator job classifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to differentiate between and recognize specific colors on computer schematics that relay important system configuration information.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergencies and manage stressful situations while shifting between multiple tasks.
- Ability to work shift work
- Candidate must receive a “Recommended” result on the System Operator / Power Dispatch (SOPD) test to be eligible for consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technology, math, or business, with a heavy technology curriculum.
- Functional control over various operating, construction, testing, customer and contractor groups in the performance of limited electrical switching, repair, testing and related work activities involving lines, transformers, and other equipment under the jurisdiction of the Distribution Shift Manager. The different groups include overhead operating, overhead and underground maintenance and distribution testing.
- The consequences of operating errors or improper system operation could cost the company millions of dollars in direct, indirect and intangible costs such as the loss of customer good will, damaged company equipment, damaged customer equipment and damage to the company’s public image.
- Independent judgment is essential in making the real time decisions necessary to maintain the integrity, reliability and security of the Exelon Utilities distribution system.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply, click here.