ERM | Website
Due to further rapid growth in our North America business, resulting from an increased corporate focus on climate changes and the broader sustainability agenda, we have an urgent need for an experienced Project Manager for GHG/EHS data verification and Sustainability Report assurance projects.
The ideal candidate will manage a range of EHS/GHG data verification and Sustainability Report assurance engagements across the region, and will be part of our Corporate Assurance North America hub, based in Malvern PA.
ERM Certification and Verification Services is a global provider of independent third party certification, verification and assurance services.
ERM CVS, part of ERM Group with offices in 40 countries and more than 5,000 sustainability professionals, is dedicated to providing its clients with a quality, value added service. Our global corporate assurance team is led from our London office with a growing hub in the US. We are supported by the wider ERM Group network, and often use local verification staff drawn from ERM regional offices.
- To manage the delivery of GHG/EHS data verification and report assurance engagements in North America, ensuring that ERM CVS maintains and advances its reputation as a provider of high quality sustainability assurance services.
- To lead engagement teams using ERM CVS methodologies and procedures based on ISAE3000 and/or ISO 14064:3.
- To manage the scope, schedule and project budgets, including proposal development, updating of internal budget tracking tools, and invoicing of multiple complex projects.
- To contribute to the overall development of ERM CVS’ corporate sustainability assurance services through development of client relationships, and internal ERM relationships.
- To support the recruitment, development and training of staff as the business develops
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Travel as required (between 20 – 30% mainly short 2-3 day trips concentrated in calendar first quarter), sometimes at short notice.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified and ideally demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of attestation standards for assuring non-financial data and sustainability reporting including ISAE3000, PCAOB AT101 and AA1000AS (knowledge of ISAE3410 or ISO14064:3 for GHG assurance an advantage)
- Understanding of GHG footprinting and reporting, including the WBCSD/WRI GHG Protocol, as well as developments in the key areas of Climate Change and GHG reporting such as TCFD, Climate Bonds, COP24 and state level GHG reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and guidelines including the GRI Standards and SASB.
- Understanding of verification and auditing procedures and documentation
- A broad knowledge and interest in global environmental and social issues and the challenges faced by business and society
- A willingness to learn and enthusiasm to contribute to our business
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop proposals, negotiate, and develop contacts with clients
- Demonstrable strong task management, writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Moderate to strong ability with Microsoft Excel (or similar)
- An independent and sceptical mind set
- At least 3 years’ professional experience, including preferably 1-2 years in third party attestation (financial or sustainability data auditing/verification), sustainability reporting and assurance.
To apply click here.