New Ecology | Website
New Ecology, Inc. seeks candidates for the position of HERS Rater. This position is part of a growing team in the Mid Atlantic that provides green building services for a variety of new construction and existing building, and provides field verifications and inspections for HERS, Passive House, Energy Star and other rating systems. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced HERS rater who is interested in combining rating work with a larger role in helping building owners develop buildings that are high performance, healthy and better adapted to a changing climate. The HERS Rater will report to New Ecology’s Baltimore office.
This position is part of an organization-wide technical services team with expertise in HERS and other rating systems, energy modeling, construction inspections, site verifications, and energy auditing. The HERS Rater provides field support to NEI project teams and directly to clients. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working independently but collaboratively with a knowledgeable team to conduct inspections, run models and provide impactful advice to our growing stable of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing Ekotrope and REM-rate or related energy models for multifamily buildings;
- Conducting inspections of job sites for compliance with HERS and other rating systems;
- Providing formal and informal trainings of sub/contractors to help them achieve certifications and construct better buildings;
- Performing field tests at rough and final construction for program compliance; and
- Maintaining all files for program certification or review by a third party
- Regular travel to job sites and meetings throughout the Mid-Atlantic region is expected
- HERS certification and one or more years conducting HERS ratings
- General construction knowledge (familiarity with reading plans and specifications a plus)
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Ekotrope modeling software and other design programs
- Valid driver’s license and physical ability to inspect all aspects of buildings
- Certifications such as PHIUS+ Verifier, LEED Green Rater, or BPI Multifamily Building Analyst a plus
Full time, exempt, preferred. Regular travel to job sites from DC to Philadelphia and periodic travel to Massachusetts.
Competitive pay and generous benefits package. Professional development is a priority and we provide financial assistance for training and certifications.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please put “HERS Rater/Assistant Project Manager” in the subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.