Inclusive Prosperity Capital | Website
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Inclusive Prosperity Capital, Inc. is a not-for-profit investment fund thriving at the intersection of clean energy finance and community development. Our team is focused on connecting investment capital with mission-aligned organizations, clean energy projects, and community initiatives in traditionally underserved markets.
IPC makes direct investments and places 3rd party capital across all tranches of the capital stack (Debt, Equity and Tax Equity), utilizing a variety of financing and ownership structures and supporting a wide array of clean energy technologies, from distributed solar and energy efficiency to utility-scale infrastructure installations. IPC is unique in its ability to capitalize products and structures, at scale, that deliver both value creation to underlying customers/off-takers and market rate risk-adjusted returns to investors, all coupled with positive economic, environmental, and social impact.
We believe everyone should have access to the benefits of clean energy. We can change the conversation in underinvested neighborhoods and markets, helping to deliver Inclusive Prosperity.
For more information about IPC, please visit us at: https://www.inclusiveprosperitycapital.org/
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a Managing Director to join its growing Clean Energy Finance team. A qualified candidate will immediately contribute to, and lead on, IPC’s mission of aligning capital with scalable financing products and structures. As a key member of the leadership team, the Managing Director will execute on day-to-day investment transactions and play an important role in determining the strategic direction of this mission-driven, growing, high-impact investment fund.
- Co-directing and managing the daily operations and staff of the Financing department of IPC through direct oversight of multiple complex financial programs and products;
- Acting as a senior advisor to the CEO and CIO on all capital-structuring and investment decisions of the organization;
- Leading the development of new and innovative financing programs to scale IPC’s investment portfolio in a prudent manner directly tied to organizational balance sheet goals:
- Developing and maintaining standards that govern the administration of all IPC investment activities;
- Leading outreach efforts to local, regional, national and international financial institutions to strike partnerships on behalf of IPC;
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with IPC’s existing investors and strategic partners in accordance with existing and emerging investment priorities;
- Negotiating and structuring the terms of new IPC investments and overseeing relationships with IPC investees;
- Working with internal and external legal resources to draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents;
- Providing comprehensive evaluation and risk analysis of investment opportunities.
- Providing senior relationship management to potential IPC partners, including developers, customers, government entities, and regulators agencies;
- Managing quantitative analysis and financial modeling for IPC to provide insight into all organizational capital strategies;
- Providing regular market analysis to determine significant deployment opportunities for the organization;
- Conducting ongoing data analysis to evaluate the success of IPC capital deployment strategies, refining them, and driving the future allocation of IPC resources;
- Originating and developing new strategic investment partnerships;
- Regularly representing IPC at external events to increase IPC’s market presence.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a growing, mission-oriented organization, and as such successful candidates will be expected to apply an “all hands” approach.
Education & Experience:
The ideal Managing Director candidate will have a relevant Bachelor’s degree (preferably combined with an advanced degree or other professional certification, though professional experience may substitute) plus at least seven (7) years of direct experience managing and developing financial programs and/or projects in a field related to clean energy.
Additionally, the ideal Managing Director candidate should be able to demonstrate at least two (2) years of experience in a managerial capacity with responsibility for managing people, projects, and/or budgets.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Expertise with the different levels of capital stack (Senior Debt, Subordinated Debt, Equity, Tax Equity) and how they impact both projects/companies and investors;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse portfolio of investments in the energy sector, preferably solar, other clean energy and energy efficiency project finance;
- Demonstrated experience in innovative product development and management, and fiscal oversight;
- Demonstrated expertise in solar, other clean energy and efficiency, economic and community development, and environmental protection;
- Ability to evaluate emerging clean energy markets and financing mechanisms;
- Exceptional negotiating and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with management and a variety of other parties, at all levels, internally and externally;
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications;
- Exceptional communication skills with the financial community;
- Ability to attract capital for clean energy investments;
- Ability to lead and manage a team of finance and investment professionals.
- Reports directly to the Chief Investment Officer
- Can be remote or based in IPC’s Hartford, CT or New York City offices
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and skills
- Benefits include generous paid holidays and time off policies; health insurance covering medical, dental and vision; 401K with employer match; and tuition reimbursement
IPC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive work environment. IPC provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
IPC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and corresponding state or local law. If you believe you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Managing Director, Clean Energy Finance” in the subject line.