Viridity Energy Solutions | Website
Ormat serves the changing world of electricity generation, distributed generation and demand management by enabling a comprehensive umbrella of solutions starting from energy and demand response management and energy storage systems. We provide grid operators with the power to enhance grid performance, stability and responsiveness – while delivering capacity at the right time and the right price.
We also provide commercial, industrial and municipality clients with reliability and power quality solutions as well as peak shaving and demand charge management solutions to lower their utility bill and, in the unregulated markets, provide ancillary market services to generate revenue.
Leveraging the skills of Ormat Technologies and Viridity Energy Solutions teams of energy solutions and storage experts, we have an extensive track record of successfully delivering projects in the US electricity markets
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator is the expert in Viridity’s core operational processes, and develops a deep understanding of the issues surrounding load curtailment, emergency backup generation, battery storage solutions and demand response programs across the nation.
- Participate in dispatch training and become an expert in demand response dispatch process.
- Execute demand response dispatches accurately and in accordance with established protocol.
- Communicate demand response issues and recommend improvements to our processes.
- Maintain the reliability of the NOC environment by conducting systems checks and fixing errors.
- Interface with customers on daily operations and reporting.
- Conduct load and generation verification tests.
- Prepare registration materials for programs in various ISO/RTO markets.
- Ensure documentation for processes you are responsible for is current and complete.
- Actively contribute to conversations about process improvements, tool enhancements, and general team operation
- Staff the 7/24 operations desk on a rotating shift schedule, which includes holidays, nights and weekends. Shift schedule is subject to change as per requirements of the Company. The shift schedule covers operations 365 days per year, and involves working in the office and from a home location.
- Work extra time to cover planned and unplanned absences of other shift staff.
- Obtain within 6 months and maintain PJM Operator certification and other training as deemed by the Company.
- Run weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Participate in required meetings.
- Provide regulatory updates & participate in stakeholder process.
- Perform market entry research & analysis.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Perform customer account management.
- Assist with settlements, cash flow management & accounting.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Collaborate on software development & project management.
- Participate in sales calls, customer RFPs, and proposal development.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A BA/BS degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of experience or education.
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of RTO market operations and LMP based two-settlement markets.
- Preferred experience in the electrical industry on a generation desk dispatcher, real-time trading desk.
- Preferred experience in asset management in utilities, hedge funds or generation companies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to design and implement solutions to real business problems with creativity and objectivity.
- Ability to work with operations and engineering personnel in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Commitment to bettering Viridity’s tools and processes.
- Must be able to read and follow written procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and effectively communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be able to exercise independent discretion and judgment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must have the ability to travel to other locations.
- Must be able to work in office environment.
- This job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping and kneeling.
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor for long periods of time and stay alert.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance.
To apply, click here.