Philadelphia Energy Authority | Website
Job Title: Philadelphia Energy Campaign Intern
Organization: Philadelphia Energy Authority
Timeframe: September – December 2021 with potential extension.
Open Date: September 3, 2021
Close Date: September 22 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis since
Compensation: To be determined upon acceptance
About the Philadelphia Energy Authority
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is an independent municipal authority focused on issues of energy affordability and sustainability for Philadelphia. In early 2016, in partnership with City Council President Darrell Clarke, PEA launched the Philadelphia Energy Campaign, a $1 billion, 10-year investment in energy efficiency and clean energy projects in 4 sectors: city buildings, public schools, low- and moderate-income housing, and small businesses. We believe that energy is an important vehicle for reducing poverty, improving education, strengthening communities and leveraging public investment.
The Solarize Philly Intern will support the implementation of the Solarize Philly program. The student will be working with PEA’s Solar Manager and other members of the Philadelphia Energy Authority. PEA is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assist with operations of their Solarize Philly program, including helping with the intake process for Solarize Philly participants. The intern will also help with logistics for Solarize Philly info sessions and webinars associated with the campaign. The intern may also be required to perform research and write white papers related to the Philadelphia Energy Campaign. Other projects will be assigned as needed.
Responsibilities may include:
- Managing the intake process for Solarize Philly participants, including sending emails and making phone calls.
- Updating participant information in Salesforce.
- Organizing and attending webinars and other virtual outreach events.
- Compiling summaries of Solarize Philly outcomes and recommendations.
- Writing blog posts, white papers, or reports for the Philadelphia Energy Campaign.
- Supporting PEA’s Program Manager and other members of Philadelphia. Energy Authority on the implementation of Solarize Philly and the Philadelphia Energy Campaign.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Demonstrated interest in energy, sustainability, climate change, advocacy, education, urban studies and/or other relevant topics.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Maturity and a high level of professionalism.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Collaborative and enjoys working with others.
The intern will be expected to work 15 – 20 hours per week remotely. Depending on PEA’s COVID-19 safety guidelines and PEA’s discretion, fully vaccinated interns may have the option of participating in some in-person activities. Interns are encouraged to pursue any applicable funding from their schools. If an accepted intern does not have access to outside funding, PEA will work with the intern to ensure compensation.
How to apply
Please send a resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line must include [FirstName LastName]_Solar Intern. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Inquiries or clarifications are preferred to be submitted via email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.