Customized Energy Solutions | Website
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
Customized Energy Solutions is looking for an Analyst with strong analytic processing skills to join its Retail Services team. In this role the successful candidate will support the Company’s Retail Energy practice by providing support to the retail operations group in production support and issue investigation by researching system issues using business and technical expertise, participating in user acceptance testing for new development items and bug fixes, and other related tasks. . The position will involve internal, cross-functional, and client-facing work. Supported processes include issue escalations and management of client communication through external ticketing systems and phone calls as required. In order to support these functions, the candidate will also need to become familiar with operational processes required to support client’s business. This position will suit a candidate comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities. Scope of work will include operational investigation support for billing and EDI functions, development of a technical understanding of CES retail platforms and other related activity as required.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter, a positive team player, possess strong analytical skills, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Investigate client tickets by researching in SQL Database and via external and internal software portals
- Daily billing and EDI operations, including quality audits, controls and exception management
- Prepare development items where technical escalation is required to resolve tickets
- Review reporting output and participate in trouble shooting to help ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Provide escalation support for client issues
- Participate in the development of business specs for software and reports, and work with developers to create and validate new features that impact supported functions
- Identify and recommend process improvements, including workflow changes and/or system enhancements that will drive efficiency in the daily operational procedures
- Write and deliver client communications
- Assist in completion of ad hoc projects as required
- Ability to understand and articulate the services and functionality of the BLUE platform
- Ability to operate with autonomy
- One to three (1-3) years’ relevant retail electric and/or natural gas operational experience (retail billing and EDI exception management, natural gas experience is a plus) strongly preferred
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience required
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training a plus
- Excellent analytic processing skills (Excel, SQL required)
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems and make quick, fact-based decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, self-managed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.
To apply, click here.