ReVireo | Website
ReVireo is an energy efficiency and green building services company. We provide a range of consulting, inspection, and certification services to architects, builders, developers, contractors, and building owners.
The Residential Energy Efficiency Inspector position is a hands-on, field-based role in which the employee will conduct onsite inspections and tests to assess the energy efficiency of new homes. Inspections include quantitative data collection, such as measuring HVAC duct leakage and whole-house envelope leakage, as well as qualitative data collection, such as identifying construction materials and taking photos of the home.
After a training and certification period of approximately 2 months (or less if the employee already has the requisite credentials – i.e., RESNET RFI or HERS Rater credential), the employee will be assigned inspections daily. The employee will travel to the assigned construction sites, conduct the inspections and/or tests, record results, and communicate issues, recommendations, and results with the construction manager.
The employee will learn and utilize construction techniques, building science, energy efficiency terminology, construction timelines, and communication with clients. The employee will become familiar with the inspection equipment and testing procedures, including preparing units for inspection and diagnosing test-related issues. ReVireo will provide all inspection equipment and materials; the employee will operate his or her own personal vehicle for transportation.
We are seeking applicants located in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southwestern New Jersey, or Northern Delaware who can easily work in and travel to all of the following areas:
Pennsylvania: Northampton, Lehigh, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia counties; and
Delaware: New Castle county:
New Jersey: Mercer, Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties;
The employee may occasionally perform work in other nearby counties/locations to those above. The employee will also occasionally need to travel to ReVireo’s headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey, or to ReVireo’s satellite office in Philadelphia, for training, meetings, and other events/needs.
- Meets the requirements of the Location section above
- Has own vehicle, driver’s license, and car insurance
- Is willing to use own vehicle to travel daily for work (compensated at IRS standard mileage rate)
- Is willing to drive long distances (occasionally a site may be 2+ hours away)
- Is willing to transport ReVireo’s inspection equipment to inspections
- Is comfortable with using a tablet, Microsoft Office, a cell phone, and basic data entry
- Can lift and carry at least 40 pounds
- Is comfortable on a ladder
- Is comfortable standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Works well independently and manages time efficiently
- Enjoys meeting new people and developing relationships with clients on site
- An Associate degree or equivalent is preferred.
- A RESNET Rating Field Inspector (RFI) or Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater is preferred, but ReVireo will provide training to obtain if not.
- If not RESNET, any training from Building Performance Institute (BPI) is preferred
- Experience is preferred (but not required) in the following areas: building construction – particularly residential construction, HVAC systems, reading and interpreting architectural and mechanical plans/drawings, energy efficiency
- Must be able to pass a background check, including for driving record
This position requires a Rating Field Inspector (RFI) certification. If the applicant does not already possess this certification (or HERS Rater certification), ReVireo will provide all training and resources for the applicant to obtain the RFI certification at no cost to the applicant. The RFI certification is earned by completing the examination and competency requirements set by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET). More information about the RFI certification and RESNET can be found at the following link: https://www.resnet.us/raters/rating-field-inspector/becoming-rating-field-inspector/
The training period is approximately 2-3 months.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary starting is a minimum of $55,000-$60,000 per year, but negotiable, commensurate with experience, credentials, and qualifications – can be higher based on these factors; re-evaluated annually based on performance
- Company profit sharing of 10% net profit to employees, allocation based on performance
- Generous paid time off, immediately vesting 401k with 4% match (increasing to 5% January 2024), immediate eligibility health insurance with 40% (increasing to 50% January 2024) premium contribution, parental leave, professional development stipend, remote work flexibility, personal company credit card, paid volunteer time, and other benefits
As soon as possible
Please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest and related qualifications. You can also email this to email@example.com.
For more information, click here.