The Reinvestment Fund | Website
The Senior Director of Clean energy will be primarily responsible for growing Reinvestment Fund’s clean energy lending portfolio and managing its dedicated clean energy funding sources. This work will include:
- Business development and origination: Managing Reinvestment Fund’s existing relationships with clean energy borrowers and develop relationships with new borrowers. This may include attending industry conferences and participating in thought leadership via writing and speaking on Reinvestment Fund’s behalf.
- Transaction Underwriting and Structuring: Performing credit analysis and developing transaction structures that appropriately mitigate risk. The position will be focused on assessing financial credit risk and understanding the technical aspects of projects (with existing staff and consulting support at Reinvestment Fund for detailed assessment of the clean energy project’s potential for energy savings, etc. The position will also lead the documentation and closing of transactions, working with outside counsel.
- Product Development: Building from expertise gained from working on transactions, the position will play a role in development Reinvestment Fund’s clean energy lending products. This can include helping the organization establish the key terms of its clean energy capital, to ensure that they are responsive to market needs.
- Capital source management: This will include overseeing regulatory, reporting, and deployment strategy with regard to multiple sources of dedicated energy financing capital. Some activities may be conducted through Reinvestment Fund’s Registered Investment Advisor subsidiary, RF Impact Advisers, and may require the employee to obtain a Series 65 or similar licensure from FINRA.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in finance or a related field
- Background (education and/or experience) in clean energy project development or financing strongly preferred, though a candidate with substantial non-energy-related experience in complex loan structuring may be considered
- An understanding of common clean energy-related contract structures like Energy Savings Agreements and Power Purchase Agreements as well as regulatory and incentive programs like RECs and Solar Investment Tax Credits is not required, but is a significant plus
- An understanding of corporate financial analysis, and the appropriate roles for debt, equity, and project finance on corporate balance sheets
- Experience in business development, particularly negotiating sales of complex products to sophisticated customers
- Excellent written communication skills
Who We Are Looking For
The Senior Director of Clean Energy at Reinvestment Fund will be an entrepreneur within an established organization, owning the business of clean energy lending from relationship development through transaction sourcing, structuring, credit review and approval, and closing. At the same time, he or she will be expected to build Reinvestment Fund’s visibility in the clean energy space, participating in conferences, finance and policy working groups, and other public-facing endeavors. This means that the Senior Director will need a true balance of analytic skills and relationship management and promotional skills.
In addition, the Senior Director should have a demonstrated commitment to the breadth of Reinvestment Fund’s mission – which includes creating opportunity for low income people and in low income communities as well as environmental sustainability.
Reinvestment Fund has offices in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Atlanta. The Senior Director should be located in or willing to relocate to one of those locations, but flexible work schedules to allow for partial remote work will be considered for candidates close enough to one of those locations to be able to travel there regularly, but too far to commute there daily. Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment through at least December 31st, 2020 due to COVID.
Compensation and Benefits
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.
To apply, click here.