Community Energy Inc. | Website
Since 1999, Community Energy has developed and financed over 1,700 MW of renewable energy power projects across the country. CES is an expert in utility-scale and community solar development and has led the market in capitalizing on innovative financing and origination opportunities for these projects, including long-term power purchase agreements with non-utility offtakers such as the Thomas Jefferson Hospital System, The Philadelphia Phillies, Amazon Web Services and Eastman Chemical Corporation.
CES is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, but also has offices in Boulder, Colorado, and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Through these three offices, Community Energy has been able to develop projects that bring clean, renewable energy to every region in the United States.
For more information please visit https://www.communityenergyinc.com/careers.
Community Energy is currently seeking to fill two internship positions at the Radnor, PA office. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
This is an opportunity for a college student or recent graduate to gain real life experience in clean energy development, technologies, and policy while being exposed to a wide variety of job roles and responsibilities. The following student academics would be a good fit with Community Energy: Energy Markets/Policy, GIS, Engineering, Environmental Science, or Economics, however all interested individuals are encouraged to apply. This intern will work with a team of people supporting various aspects of solar project development. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- GIS Mapping & Development Site Identification
- Electrical Grid Analysis
- Energy Market Research
- Policy Assessment and New Market Assessment
- Local, State, and Federal Permitting Review
- Projecting Solar PV Resource Outputs
- Fact-checking and other ad hoc tasks related to the development, construction, and operation of solar facilities
To guarantee the ability to efficiently and effectively complete these tasks, it is expected that each candidate meets the following qualifications and requirements:
- College major with focus on Project Management, GIS and/or energy markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail is a must
- Strong professional presence and business judgement
- Proficiency in Mapping programs such as Arc GIS, Google Earth, or Q GIS
- Familiarity with MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Auto CAD, other engineering programs, and coding is a plus but not required
- Ability to self-motivate to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- This is an in-office position in at the Radnor, PA office location
- Available for 40 hours per week
Please email cover letter and resumé to the following address: email@example.com. Email subject should read “2020 Solar Development Internship”.
Determined salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Our selection ultimately depends on finding the right person to join the team. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references and verification of legal right to work in the U.S. Community Energy Solar, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.