Solar States | Website
When a customer reaches out to Solar States – it’s often the initial connection that makes a huge difference on whether they choose to work with us. The role of the Solar Experience Specialist is to support the Sales / Design team in working with prospective customers, answering questions about solar, assessing the feasibility of a solar project and helping build the foundation of a system design and project proposal to support customers on their path to go solar.
The Solar Experience Specialist will manage new inquiries and assist with gathering and analyzing information and recording it CRM (Copper). The role will also support the Marketing Team in engaging new customers and generating general consumer interest.
- Customer Engagement – Occupied Time 60%
- Receive, process and assign incoming leads from all sources including web, email, phone and events.
- Work with leadership to create and maintain initial sequence of communications with customers (both manual and automated)
- Provide basic solar information to customers
- Ensure smooth handoff of customer to Sales / Design team members
- Request utility usage and bills when appropriate and enter information in CRM
- Interface with Design & Engineering Teams and customers as needed for a superior customer experience
- Reengage old dead/cold leads
- Database Management – Occupied Time 10%
- Update and maintain clear notes in CRM for all incoming customers
- Support Leadership in creating reports within CRM to track performance
- Work with Leadership to clean up data in CRM
- Outreach – Occupied Time 15%
- Coordinate trade shows and events with the Design and Marketing Teams
- Coordinate relevant outreach to key groups
- Organize informational sessions
- Organize canvassing campaigns
- Metric: 6 events / campaigns per year
- Marketing Assistance – Occupied Time 15%
- Assist team with preparation and development of presentation materials, satisfaction surveys, social media, marketing, advertising, and Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Solicit Google Reviews
- Metric: 1 per week
- Solicit and develop Testimonials in coordination with Marketing Team
- Metric: 2 per month/ 24 per year minimum
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effectively connect with all types of people and build rapport
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality with skills to communicate professionally, positively, tactfully, and accurately
- Effectively coordinate & communicate with various internal teams including – Design, Engineering & Operations
- Must be highly organized, able to multitask, and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, attention to procedures and data/documentation accuracy
- Excellent time management skills – make the best use of your time
- Knowledge of various computer systems/programs including but not limited to Copper, Salesforce, CRM Databases, Excel(numbers), Word(pages), Powerpoint(Keynote), Social Media platforms, Wordpress
- Comfortable adopting new softwares
- Ability to work both independently and also within a strong cooperative team, in an open office environment
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Basic understanding of solar and willingness to keep learning
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies
● Health Insurance – Solar States contributes $175 per month for premium costs.
● Dental Care – Solar States covers 75% of employee premium, 50% of dependents
● Guideline 401(k) – Solar States Contributes 3%
● 15 Vacation days per year (prorated in first year, renews January 1)
● 5 Sick days per year (prorated in first year, renews January 1)
● Paid Holidays
Solar States will assist you in learning the systems and software necessary for success in your job, including but not limited to GSuite, Copper, Social Media Platforms, etc.
As a B-Corp, our company is committed to the pursuit of the triple bottom line: people, the planet, and profit. Solar States has cultivated a highly productive, yet relaxed company culture. We are looking for self-motivated people who excel at working collaboratively in a growth-oriented environment with strong time management skills. You will be expected to work on average a 40-hour week.
We expect all company property to be treated with respect. This includes driving company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner as well as handling tools with care.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.