PECO Energy Company | Website
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Work with economic development partners to attract and retain commercial and industrial customers, primarily by addressing energy availability and related questions. Also coordinate PECO resources to address electric and gas infrastructure for large development projects, and provide information on market trends and regional development activity to PECO leadership.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
– Support the site selection process for business attraction and expansion prospects in partnership with regional economic development teams, in particular addressing energy requirements for prospects.
– Assess national and regional changes in socio-economic and business trends affecting business and industry attraction and retention
– Coordinate cross-functional PECO teams to address energy infrastructure requirements for large development projects.
– Maintain and refresh data and information on the Department’s website
– Interface with regional economic development agencies and corporate real estate research staffs to obtain information on current trends
– Attend industry and association meetings and conferences to obtain data and trend information for use in strategic analysis
– This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
– Position requires routine interaction with key internal (e. g. , executives, directors, managers, and staff) and external stakeholders (e. g. , site location consultants, commercial brokers and economic development research organizations).
– Must be able to efficiently manage and follow through on multiple requests from all levels of the organization.
– May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
– Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or other relevant discipline AND 5 – 8 years relevant business experience (e. g. , economic/business development, marketing or customer management), OR in lieu of bachelors degree, a minimum of 9 – 12 years stated relevant business experience
– Experience meeting the needs of commercial & industrial customers in a team environment
– Experience in the analysis of changes in socio-economic and business trends and in developing strategies to respond
– Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
– Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or other relevant discipline
– Experience in economic development or commercial real estate, including influencing site location decisions
– Experience in the energy industry, including a working knowledge of electric and gas distribution systems
To apply, click here.