Summer Associate at Philadelphia Green Capital Corp.
Philadelphia Green Capital Corp.
Title: Summer Associate
Organization: Philadelphia Green Capital Corp.
Location: In-person preferred
Timing: June – August 2023 (8-10 weeks), 40 hrs/wk
Application Deadline: Rolling, through Monday March 13, 2023
Contact: Rishika Ghosh (email@example.com)
Preference will be given to students who can secure external funding for this internship.
The Philadelphia Green Capital Corp (PGCC) is the non-profit “green bank” affiliate of the Philadelphia Energy Authority that aims to grow the clean energy economy in the Philadelphia region. PGCC offers low-cost financing options for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and develops programs that remove systemic barriers to clean energy financing. We launched in September 2021. Learn more about our products here. The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is an independent municipal authority focused on energy affordability and sustainability issues for Philadelphia. In 2016, PEA launched the Philadelphia Energy Campaign, a $1 billion, 10-year investment in energy efficiency and clean energy projects to create 10,000 jobs, and to build a robust, equitable clean energy economy in Philadelphia. In its first 5 years, PEA launched over $291MM in projects and created 2,500 jobs.
Under the supervision of the PGCC Senior Associate, the Summer Associate will support PGCC’s continued growth as a new green bank entity serving the Philadelphia region. The Summer Associate will focus on pipeline development, program development and management, market education, stakeholder engagement, and promoting accessible loan products and resources to accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency and renewable energy in Philadelphia. The exact scope of work will be designed to complement the Summer Associate’s existing skills and desired learning experiences.
Tasks May Include a Combination of the Following:
● Perform financial & sensitivity analyses in support of new product(s) to generate long-term program forecasts and evaluate risk, prepare detailed memos, and present findings to the Executive Director
● Create a marketing strategy for a new clean energy financing program to develop key community partnerships
● Conduct marketing & outreach for PGCC’s commercial financing tools to build PGCC’s commercial project pipeline development
● Support pitch material development and grant writing, and participate in fundraising meetings to capitalize PGCC
● Participate in stakeholder engagement and event planning
● Lead special projects that support the development of high-quality future programming, which could include creating research briefs on potential investment opportunities for PGCC, supporting new program development, and evaluating policy & market trends to inform strategic planning
Background and skills required
● Current undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in sustainable energy
● A self-starter with strong problem-solving and communication skills
● Demonstrated interest in energy, sustainability, climate change, impact investing, finance, advocacy, education, urban studies and/or other relevant topics
● Demonstrated academic, volunteer, and/or work experience in one or more of the following: project development, financial modeling, entrepreneurship, affordable housing, public policy & research, and/or program management
● Ability to manage simultaneous projects/work streams, set priorities, and exercise independent judgment
The following past experience(s) would be advantageous:
● Experience in finance, and/or real estate or energy project development
● Experience with a company that is active in projects related to energy
● Experience with a start-up or entrepreneurial environment
● Note that this is a paid internship, and preference will be given to students who can secure external funding
To Apply: Please send (1) a resume and (2) a brief cover letter explaining your interest and why you would be a good fit for the position to Rishika Ghosh at firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD March 13, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Through intentional hiring practices, PGCC is committed to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive workplace. PGCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.