- This event has passed.
ASES Solar 20/20 Virtual Conference
June 24 @ 9:00 am - June 25 @ 5:30 pm
ASES has decided to convert the live event in Washington D.C. into a virtual event to ensure the safety and health of our attendees and speakers. We have found an interactive platform where important discussions, networking, and community building can take place. Join us at SOLAR 20/20 on June 24 and 25 virtually!
For more than four and half decades, ASES has organized and delivered the National Solar Conference. What began as an idea to bring the industry’s brightest together to drive progress and re-imagine the energy economy of the future, continues today as a unique blending of science, business, policy and industry.
PEA’s Solar Manger and ASES Board Member, Laura Rigell will be speaking during the Policy Track: Local and State session on June 24 at 2:15pm.
States and local governments have in many cases championed renewable energy efforts. Speakers in this session will discuss a variety of different efforts that they have pioneered that might serve as a role model for other regions to follow. We will hear about MD program that supports energy burden in low-income families in MD, updates from cities and islands to reach 100% renewable energy, local government’s efforts in emission curtailments, the rise of community solar projects, and others.
- Damian Pitt – Virginia Commonwealth University
- David Comis – Maryland Energy Administration
- Gilbert Michaud – Ohio University
- Panteli Stathopulos – ZEN project
- Rachel Smucker – Virginia Policy and Development Manager,
- Rahim Khoie – University of the Pacific
- Roma Stibravy – NGO Sustainability
- Sarah Townes – American Solar Energy Society
- Steven Smiley – Smiley Energy