The purpose of this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is to solicit information from solar PV developers and installers (“Contractors”) that offer solar PV installation, storage and/or financing options for participating in Solarize Philly, a group-buying program to help all Philadelphians go solar. The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is seeking qualified Contractors to deliver cost-competitive solar installations to one or more of the following segments of Philadelphia property owners:
- Residential customers (of all income levels)
- Low- and moderate-income (“LMI”) residential customers
- Commercial customers
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (“PEA”) expects to select multiple Contractors with this RFP for a two-year contract term from Summer 2021 through Spring 2023.
PEA launched Solarize Philly as a group buying discount program for residential rooftop solar in 2017. Since then, over 750 homes (including 50 low-and moderate-income households through PEA’s Solar Savings Grant Program) have gone solar, making it the largest solarize initiative in the U.S. Nearly 6,500 Philadelphia homeowners have expressed interest through the Solarize Philly portal, and over $12MM has been invested in communities across the City.
The results of the first four Solarize Philly phases have put Philadelphia in the national spotlight for solar growth. Solarize Philly is the largest single solarize campaign in the U.S., Philadelphia has emerged as one of the fastest growing solar markets in the country, and Solar Contractor is designated as a High Priority Occupation for Philadelphia County.
Through this RFP, PEA is seeking Contractors that will partner with PEA to significantly scale up Solarize Philly’s impact over the next two years to achieve the following goals:
- 5 MW of contracted residential solar capacity
- Including 300 LMI households through a specialized LMI offering
- 5 MW of contracted commercial solar capacity
Intent to Respond: Please submit a statement of your Intent to Respond on your company’s letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm ET on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Filing Deadline: The completed Solarize Philly Installer Response Form (see attachments below) and the Exhibits must be delivered to the Philadelphia Energy Authority by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday, May 14, 2021.
Submit your completed Response Form and the required Exhibits by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All RFP documents can be downloaded below:
- Solarize Philly – Request for Proposals for Solar Developers and Installers
- Appendix A: Solarize Philly Contractor Response Form
- Appendix B: Contract for Services Between Contractor and the Philadelphia Energy Authority
- Appendix C: City of Philadelphia Tax and Regulatory Status and Clearance Statement
- Appendix D: Philadelphia Residential Solar Market Overview
- Solarize Philly RFP Q&A (updated 05/07/21)