The Philadelphia Energy Authority (“PEA”) and the City of Philadelphia (the “City” and with PEA the “Procurement Team”) intends to commence an energy efficiency project (“Project”) for the conversion of streetlighting from High Pressure Sodium (“HPS”) luminaires to Light Emitting Diode (“LED”) luminaires throughout Philadelphia’s city boundaries that is controllable through remote monitoring on a secure network which may include other network capabilities. The Procurement Team expects to select in this procurement a pre-qualified Energy Services Company (“ESCO”) to perform under an energy performance contract (“EPC”) between PEA and selected proposer under the Pennsylvania Guaranteed Energy Savings Act (“GESA”) in substantially the form attached to this RFP as Attachment B. The City, in turn, will enter into an agreement with PEA under which it will generally perform the obligations of PEA. The Procurement Team will also consider alternative proposals for “street lighting as a service” or a similar form of public-private partnership that meets all legal procurement requirements, but Proposers must provide a proposal based on the GESA contract.
The Procurement Team is requesting proposals for the Project that will comprehensively reduce energy costs and meet the other goals outlined in this document. The ESCO proposals must guarantee savings that exceed the cost of the project including financing costs. The ESCO must also implement an Economic Opportunity Plan (“EOP”) as specified in Attachment C in its selection and use of diverse subcontractors and hiring of workers that ensure the employment of an appropriately diverse workforce.
This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is the next step in the Procurement Team’s process of obtaining proposals from qualified ESCOs. Only those Proposers who have been deemed most qualified through the associated RFQ process by the Procurement Team are invited to participate in this Request for Proposals process, as listed below. The Procurement Team will only consider proposals from ESCOs that are submitted pursuant to this RFP.
Qualified bidders: (added 3/25/21)
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- The Efficiency Network
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 P.M. on May 28, 2021 (updated 4/29/21). Proposals should be delivered electronically, emailed to LEDstreetlighting@phila.gov and be no larger than 10MB to ensure delivery.
|Activity||Date & Time|
|Issuance of RFP||March 22, 2021|
|Pre-bid meeting||April 1, 2021, 3:00PM EST|
|Deadline for Receipt of Written Questions||April 9, 2021, 5:00PM EST|
|Pre-Proposal Vendor Information Session||April 15, 2021|
|Deadline for Receipt of Proposals||May 28, 2021, 5:00PM EST *|
|Proposer Interview – Location TBA||Week of June 28, 2021 *|
|Final Selection of Proposer||July 16, 2021 *|
|Target Council Approval||October/November 2021 *|
|Target Contract Execution||October/November 2021 *|
* Dates updated 4/29/21
Registration for the April 1st pre-bid meeting: (added 3/30/21) https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ES_MlnREQWOwcFgrPmLLSQ (this meeting has ended)
View the links below for the complete RFP.
- Philadelphia LED Streetlighting RFP Final – update 4-29-21 (added 4/29/21)
- Attachment A – ESCO Services and Technical Requirements – update 4-14-21 (added 4/14/21)
- Attachment A.1 – Submittal Worksheet – update 4-29-21 (added 4/29/21)
- Attachment A.2 – Photometric Layout Template
- Attachment A.3 – City IT Standards
- Attachment A.4 – Spring City LED Decorative Fixture Specification Sheets
- Attachment A.5 – Lighting System Database Attributes
- Attachment B – Form of Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract
- Attachment B.1 – Attachments to the Form of GESC
- Attachment C – Antidiscrimination Policy
- Attachment D – Antidiscrimination S & C form
- Attachment E – Tax and Regulatory Status and Clearance Statement -fillable
- Attachment F – Local Business Entity or Local Impact Certification
- Attachment G – Campaign Contribution Disclosure Form
- Philadelphia LED Streetlight RFP – Addendum 1 (added 4/14/21)
- Philadelphia LED Streetlight RFP – Pre-bid Meeting Presentation (added 4/14/21)
- Philadelphia LED Streetlight RFP – Subcontractor Information Webinar Presentation (added 4/15/21)
- Philadelphia LED Streetlight RFP – Addendum 2 (added 4/29/21)
- Philadelphia LED Streetlight RFP – Q&A (added 4/29/21)
Learn more about the previous Request for Qualifications: (added 3/25/21)