PECO | Website
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of management, establish, develop and maintain professional relationships with the key managers and decision makers of assigned accounts. Leverage internal and external relationships to aid in the development of business and action plans to meet customer needs regarding service delivery, as well as, billing and credit issues. Diligently promote the sale of Exelon products and services and affect customer participation in Exelon load management programs.
Perform account management tasks i.e. contract management, billing/credit issues, after-hour duty responsibilities and the regular use of the Customer Relationship Management database to manage customer information. Provide open communications between Exelon and customers concerning: Rate changes, Customer Choice, emergency response and products and services with the intent to drive and improve customer satisfaction.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and implement customer specific business plans to improve customer satisfaction including coordinating the work of multiple departments to affect the installation of new or expansion of existing electric service, presentation and execution of all applicable service contracts and associated paperwork, and coordinating restoration and analysis of interrupted service including providing 24/7 on-call accessibility.
- Establish and develop strong professional relationships with the key managers and decision makers of assigned accounts with the intent of implementing customer load management strategies which benefit the company through providing curtailment during peak load periods.
- Establish and develop strong professional relationships with key managers and decision makers of assigned accounts with the intent of selling Exelon products and services to meet customer needs and benefiting the company through providing additional margin.
- Manage outstanding customer debt with the timely resolution of billing and credit issues. Proactively establish customer payment procedures, which minimize exposure to bad debt and maximizing margin.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to the customer regarding all rates and riders affecting the customer, including changes and additions which could impact the customer’s energy management and purchasing.
- Input and maintain all specific and pertinent customer information utilizing Customer Resource Management database for use by other departments including Marketing, Marketing Research and Technical Services.
Work routinely involves internal and external issues that require superior resolution regarding customer satisfaction, promotion and sales of company products and services, electric service delivery and billing/credit issues. Contact requires tact, persuasiveness, and coordination capabilities to facilitate this work process.
Daily activities are direct in nature with an emphasis on providing assigned customers a single point of contact termed “Total Account Management”. This requires the account manager to possess a comprehensive knowledge of company rates, riders, departmental roles and responsibilities, policies, work practices and safety to affectively align customer needs with company resources.
Account assignments are made on a regional/territorial basis and may vary in number per account manager. Total portfolio revenue per account manager typically ranges between $5 & $25 million.
Additional individual job development and value added activities are expected.
Ensure safe work performance.
Budgetary management and impact is minimal.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years experience, or in lieu of a degree, must have minimum of 6-9 years of diverse business experience, either internally or externally. Emphasis should be in customer service and sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, technical and financial aptitude, proficient computer skills, strong relationship building, sales and negotiation experience, and customer service orientation. Works with regular guidance.
- Job requires a valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle. Ability to fulfill scheduled and unscheduled after-hours duty responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred, in the marketing, communication or business.
• Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
• Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
• Exceptional ability to write detailed reports and analyze large amounts of data
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.