About the Curriculum
The three-year curriculum, completed in November 2021, includes lesson plans, syllabi, and a scope and sequence for the existing program at Frankford High School. Topics include:
- Hands-on training for roof-top solar installation
- Introduction to electrical basics including National Electric Code Standards
- Solar Design best practices
- Solar technology troubleshooting
- OSHA Standards
- Solar sales and permitting
- Online learning resources from leading solar equipment manufacturers
- Preparation for the NABCEP Associate Certificate
- Weatherization/energy efficiency lesson plans
- Hands-on training for building science
- Energy auditing and efficiency
- Energy conservation and lower energy use
The following resources are currently available for download to start a Bright Solar Futures program at your school or training center.
BSF Curriculum Toolkit
The toolkit is a roadmap for the BSF curriculum and contains information about the curriculum’s development, scope and sequence, syllabi, lesson plans and other resources for educators.
Scope & Sequence
The scope and sequence shows the recommended sequencing of topics through the curriculum by year and quarter.
Three years of sample syllabi include major concepts to be covered during each week of a 40-week school year program.
The full curriculum, including detailed lessons plans for all three years, will be available in the spring of 2023. To be notified when the full curriculum is ready for download, please use this form to express interest.
For other questions or more information about the Bright Solar Futures curriculum, please use this form to contact us with inquiries.