The Philadelphia C-PACE Program is now accepting applications.
Commercial Property-Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) is a financing structure that allows commercial property owners to borrow money for energy and water efficiency improvements and renewable energy installations via a special assessment similar to a property tax assessment. C-PACE can help property owners achieve significant savings on their utility bills while reducing their carbon footprints.
C-PACE in Philadelphia
In June 2018, Governor Wolf signed SB 234 into law creating Act 30, making Pennsylvania the 36th state to adopt C-PACE. Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney signed legislation creating the Philadelphia C-PACE program in August 2019.
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is the Program Administrator for Philadelphia’s C-PACE program. PEA will review and approve applications, manage billing, file liens, and perform other general administrative duties.
- Submit Pre-Application
- Develop project and arrange C-PACE financing
- Submit Final Application
- Sign C-PACE Statement of Levy and Lien Agreement
- Close C-PACE Financing
Applicants are encouraged to read the Philadelphia C-PACE Program Guidelines before beginning the application process.
- Property Owners
- Capital Providers
- Qualified Engineering Professionals
- Philadelphia C-PACE .Zip File
- Program Overview Webinar (October 2019)
In addition to the Key Documents above, PEA has created a number of presentations and webinars to provide more information on the C-PACE Program.
- Philadelphia C-PACE Application Process: March 2020 Webinar (PDF)
- Philadelphia C-PACE 101: March 2020 Webinar (PDF)
- Philadelphia C-PACE Program Overview: October 2019 Webinar (PDF)
PEA is happy to speak to any interested party about the C-PACE Program.
- Email us at CPACE@philaenergy.org
- Call our office at 215-686-4483