|SEPTA is looking for an Energy Data Analyst to support it’s Sustainability Program. This position is located in SEPTA’s Center City Philadelphia Corporate headquarters.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in sustainability, energy, environmental science, data science, business, mathematics, or a related quantitative field and at least one (1) year of related experience working with data.The salary range is between 54k – 68K.
Supports continual performance improvements associated with SEPTA’s Sustainability Program Plan through energy management tracking; maintains comprehensive, enterprise-wide energy management database; develops graphic representations of energy usage and cost analysis; coordinates in-depth, planned and ad hoc trend analyses; conducts benchmarking research to identify and implement performance improvement best practices; supports analytical requirements for cyclical reporting and organizational goal-setting; communicates performance to internal and external stakeholders.
1. Supports immediate manager in coordination of sustainability performance monitoring through oversight of SEPTA’s energy management system.
2. Coordinate tracking and quality control of sustainability key performance indicators.
3. Develops graphical methods for communicating results of research, analysis, and performance indicators with senior management, employees, stakeholders and the general public.
4. Publishes periodic performance reports showing progress towards sustainability goals and objectives.
5. Assists in preparation of short- and long-term energy expense forecasting through QA/QC of utility bills and fuel usage records.
6. Participates in the RSQ/RFQ (Request for Specifications and Qualifications/Request for Quotes) for third-party supply contracts.
7. Conducts analysis on propulsion power usage and rate structure.
8. Supports immediate manager in development of software methods to streamline and automate reporting.
9. Conducts ad hoc research and analysis of key strategic issues as necessary.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred concentration in sustainability, energy, environmental science, data science, business, mathematics, or a related quantitative field and at least one (1)year of related experience working with data.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of formal education equating to two years of work experience) may be considered in lieu of above requirement.
• Excellent personal computer skills to include popular software for reporting, presentation, visualization and database management required.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with varied audience, both internal and external, required.
• Knowledge and experience with management of data analysis tools and energy management tools is preferred.
• Knowledge of Energy Star reporting is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with website content management is preferred.