Location: PHILADELPHIA, PA, United States
Organization: PECO Energy Company
Job ID: 245811
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2023
Be a part of something powerful at America’s leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow — whether that’s in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
- Performs engineering assignments while exercising independent discretion under the guidance of an experienced engineer. (e.g. Perform energy assessments, collect data, perform complex analysis, interpret results, draw conclusions, and clearly present a recommendation to management) (40%)
- Performs engineering tasks associated with energy efficiency projects. (e.g. Analyze and interpret the results of complex energy consumption analyses and perform complex engineering tests, and analyze non-specific and ambiguous results) (10%)
- May direct the engineering tasks associated with energy efficiency projects (e.g. Verify and validate studies or designs against accepted engineering principles and appropriate engineering standards and criteria) (10%)
- Manage third party contractors (10%)
- Participate in industry association meetings and conferences (20%)
- Participates on teams and may lead teams. (10%)
- Provides technical assistance in support of third-party energy efficiency engineers, managers and others.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Two or more years of professional engineering experience
- General knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform assignments for a specific discipline, various installations, or services
- Engineer in Training License
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills, report generation & technical writing skills
- Interpersonal skills & the ability to collaborate with peers and managers
- Consulting and needs assessment skills
- Time, project management and multi-tasking skills
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Business Energy Professional (BEP) certification
- Experience performing energy assessments for commercial and industrial customers
For more information click here.