Deliotte | Website
Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) Governance & Reporting Advisory Manager
Mitigating the impacts of climate change is a monumental task. Yet, we know progress is possible if we act collectively. It is vital that we all (business and society) take urgent and immediate action. To do our part to help the world achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, Deloitte’s WorldClimate strategy is focused on driving responsible climate choices within our organization and beyond. As a part of this commitment, Deloitte has established a Sustainability, Climate & Equity (SC&E) practice that provides our clients a broad range of risk and advisory services focused on today’s most pressing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) needs. With the focus on climate change, societal impacts, and stakeholder influence, companies are increasingly focusing on decarbonization, assessing their potential risks, and reducing their environmental footprint. A career in the SC&E practice will provide you with the opportunity to provide high-value SC&E services to some of the world’s largest companies in a variety of industries.
Work you’ll do
The Sustainability, Climate & Equity (SC&E) advisory team, part of Risk & Financial Advisory, is growing and requires outstanding, innovative, and engaging professionals to join our team. The SC&E team is privileged to be working on one of the most pressing and topical business and societal issue of our time. Through our services, we help our clients understand, engage with and act on their sustainability-related risks and opportunities.
Given the impending SEC reporting as an example of the growing number of sustainability-related regulations and requests from the business, society, and the government as it relates to climate, many organizations are continuing to prepare for the impact on their reporting processes and protocols. As the ESG Governance and Reporting Advisory Manager, you will be leading complex ESG projects, helping clients understand the details of preparing for upcoming regulations, the underlying support system needed for ongoing reporting, and how to govern these new processes moving forward.
Specifically, your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements focused on ESG due diligence, reporting processes, protocols, and governance, and ESG-related data and technology
- Mentor junior colleagues in this area and serve as a thought leader
- Provide expertise on guidelines for drafting ESG reports, international principles, management models, and measurements needed in the field of climate risk
- Serve clients as a thought leader in the ESG local and global reporting and disclosure framework space
Come build a great career with us.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for client-facing leaders with experience in climate risk due diligence, reporting, and disclosures.
To do this job effectively, it will be important that you have deep expertise and knowledge in:
- Current and emerging relevant frameworks, convening organizations, and reporting requirements (e.g., SASB, TCFD, IPCC, GRI, etc.)
- Application of relevant frameworks and standards to organizational needs in development and maturation of ESG reporting
- Quantification and measurement of climate (e.g., climate value at risk) on organizational climate-related risks and opportunities
- ESG data and technology vendor landscape, best practices, and implementation
- Degree in accounting, finance, business management, economics or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in climate risk assessment, climate risk modeling, climate risk reporting, energy and low carbon policies or equivalent
- Sound understanding of climate risk reporting frameworks (e.g., TCFD, GRI, SASB, UNPRI, CSRD/NFRD, SFDR)
- Strong track record of work and/or interest in sustainability, energy transition, decarbonization, renewables, carbon offsets, carbon modelling, sustainable modeling, or equivalent
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis to support decision-making and successfully and effectively communicating your findings to a broad spectrum of people
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and a quick learner given this evolving field
- Experience leading and working collaboratively on teams to develop and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to travel 25-50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $128,235 to $213,725.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 127979
To apply click here.