PECO Energy Company | Website
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Line School Apprentice
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform duties related to the construction, maintenance and service of energized facilities in all phases of Aerial and Underground transmission and distribution. This includes all new, scheduled, routine maintenance and emergency work.
Responsibilities are related to the construction, maintenance and service of energized facilities in all phases of transmission and distribution equipment. Work includes climbing utility poles and transmission structures as well as work out of aerial equipment; work in confined and enclosed spaces and outside under all weather conditions; operation of various types of mechanized equipment and vehicles, and work on energized electrical equipment.
Required to work emergency and storm situations and must be available for overtime and shift work. Required to perform glove-hand and hot-stick work as scheduled.
- Valid Driver’s license (with ability to meet company driving standard) and ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license (company pays for CDL training) within 3 months of starting position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Passed or ability to pass the EEI Aptitude Qualifying exam (CAST TEST).
- Ability to climb utility poles and transmission structures as well as work out of aerial equipment.
- Ability to work in confined and enclosed spaces and outside under all weather conditions.
- Required to perform glove-hand work (Training provided)
- Ability to operate various types of mechanized equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to work on energized electrical equipment (Training provided)
- Required to work in emergency and storm situations.
- Must be available for overtime and shift work. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test, background check, DOT employment verification and physicals
- Complete and pass formal training in electrical theory involving primary or secondary distribution
- Complete and pass formal training in Electrical Emergency (EEMG) training.
- Must be in compliance with all safe weight guidelines for equipment.
- Past experience with construction and/or maintenance of electrical transmission/distribution equipment.
- Previous experience working at heights.
- Secondary restoration experience
- Training in electrical theory involving primary or secondary distribution.
Final employment decisions will be determined by meeting the job qualifications in addition to successfully completing and passing all aptitude tests, medical standards, physical evaluations, and fitness programs. Upon completion of 42 month progression training, employees may be placed in any work location/work group on the PECO Energy system. This position is expected to begin with entrance into Aerial Line School in the fall of 2020.
All communication for this position will be conducted through email. Applicants are encouraged to check email on a regular basis.
Successful candidates will work throughout the PECO Service Territory
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply click here.