Aramark | Website
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Enterprise Sustainability Manager – Climate and ESG Reporting leads implementation of the Company’s climate goal and enterprise sustainability/ESG (environmental, social, governance) public reporting.
This is a pivotal role responsible for driving the company’s strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by 15% by the end of 2025 and communicating progress on Be Well. Do Well., the company’s sustainability plan. As a member of the Enterprise Sustainability team, this role is critical to effective implementation and communication of Aramark’s strategy to positively impact people and the planet by reducing inequality, supporting and growing our communities, and protecting our planet.
The role is responsible for managing cross-functional teams and external consultants to effectively track, reduce and report on the company’s greenhouse gas emissions, thus reducing its carbon footprint. The role is dually responsible for developing and executing a cohesive sustainability/ESG reporting and recognition strategy by engaging cross-functional teams, partnering with Aramark’s Communications, and leveraging external vendors to communicate to internal and external audiences accurately and authentically. By advancing this work, this role is responsible for earning targeted recognition for the company’s progress and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
This position reports directly to Aramark’s VP of Enterprise Sustainability and works collaboratively across the organization domestically and internationally. This position requires an experienced and detail-oriented sustainability professional who can function independently with diverse stakeholders and manage through influence across levels and functions. This position also requires an individual who operates with a sense of urgency and a consistent awareness of deadlines and results.
- Manage cross-functional working group involving colleagues across food, facilities and uniforms businesses, and regularly engage subject matter experts (SME) responsible for identifying, implementing and tracking the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions across functions, businesses and geographies.
- Oversee third-party consultant and manage regular interactions with SMEs to collect scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions data to support annual greenhouse gas inventory and public reporting. Ensure adherence to and maintenance of Inventory Management Plan (IMP).
- Provide climate/GHG subject matter expertise to guide and inform workstreams including supply chain, culinary development, site-level energy consumption, food waste reduction and others.
- Develop quarterly and annual leadership updates on progress toward climate goal including identification of accomplishments, measurable impact, and challenges and barriers. Support leadership teams in holding functional owners accountable to drive their reduction measures and track impact
- Support functions and businesses in developing GHG reduction plans and timelines to ensure the company achieves and, if possible, exceeds the public climate goal. Provide support to functions during review and approval of annual plans with respective executive leadership teams.
- Expand GHG inventory scope year-over-year and continually evaluate if scope of data collection meets Science Based Target initiative (SBTi) criteria.
- Serve as climate subject matter expert in discussions with clients, investors, and NGOs. Collaborate with Communications and Marketing to develop and convey key messages, building internal and external awareness and activation to achieve the Company’s climate goal.
- Maintain insights and trends, and conduct industry and competitive analysis on climate goals, performance, and reporting.
- Manage, track and update key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to internal targets and public goals and ensure timely and accurate data capture. Collaborate with functions and subject matter experts (SMEs) including communications, investor relations, diversity, environmental, community relations, supply chain and others.
- Build and maintain a repository of stories, proof-points and other information throughout the year, ensure accuracy and verification of content, for inclusion in internal and external channels such as annual sustainability report.
- Manage development of annual sustainability report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Establish timeline and process for developing the report in timely fashion and enhancing the report each year to drive toward industry-leading sustainability report by year three.
- Engage and lead management of in-house and third-party contractors to drive effective execution of sustainability report including greenhouse gas data collection, reporting writing, editing and design.
- Coordinate with SMEs and complete submission of responses to reporting frameworks including but not limited to Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project – Climate, Supply Chain and Forestry) and EcoVadis.
- Identify, prioritize and manage additional questionnaires and surveys requested by NGOs (non-governmental organizations), current and prospective clients, suppliers, investors and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with corporate communications and provide input on Aramark’s internal and external sustainability communications strategy and provide SME on content development and deployment.
- Organize and maintain a report content library, including design files for internal and external communications.
- Coordinate with SMEs responsible for providing data from existing software systems, and ensure continuous improvement of enhanced, streamlined tools for data collection.
- Work with internal company auditors to periodically audit the accuracy of information and the processes by which information is collected, maintained, and verified within Aramark. Continuously review and improve metrics management in accordance with evolving standards and leading practices.
- Align all communications with overarching enterprise purpose and ensure persuasive messaging that demonstrates the company’s purpose, values and progress.
- Maintain industry benchmarking and trends. Identify innovative approaches to sustainability/ESG reporting, including collection and publication of metrics, proof-points, narrative content and integrated reporting, and approaches to enhance authenticity and creativity.
- Serve as subject matter expert on third party reporting guidance including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards Board (SASB), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project – Climate, Supply Chain and Forestry), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), ESG research providers including MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics and Vigeo, as well as global frameworks standards such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) and International Labor Organization guidelines.
- Relevant Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in sustainability/climate change/environmental management, or related degree with relevant previous experience would be a plus.
- Track record of managing greenhouse gas inventories and projects, and developing and delivering qualitative and quantitative sustainability and ESG (environmental, social, governance) reporting.
- Technical knowledge and experience in sustainability reporting and with relevant ESG standards; familiarity with Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting and Standards, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Carbon Disclosure Project and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Detailed knowledge of GHG emissions scopes and solid understanding of GHG accounting and reporting principles, including the GHG Protocol.
- Effective project management and problem-solving ability to think something through and discuss possible solutions rather than just focusing on the problem.
- Experience with approaches to managing for consistent and accurate responses and data collection, including leveraging IT solutions as applicable.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, interpret and translate large sets of data into simple insights or reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including effectively with all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and planning and reporting experience, with a proven track record for delivering successful qualitative and quantitative reporting.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects with strong organizational skills. Comfortable with competing priorities and managing multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Proven ability to collaborate and manage internal relationships with partners effectively. Must influence without formal authority by partnering across the enterprise to accomplish goals.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content, initiative and collaborative skills while working as part of a high-performing and flexible team.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of subordinates, colleagues and senior leaders.
- Analytic thinker and problem solver, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
**Please include Cover Letter & Resume in application**
To apply, click here.