Philadelphia Energy Authority | Website
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is an independent municipal authority chartered by City Council and the Mayor in 2010, focused on issues of energy affordability and sustainability for Philadelphia. In 2016, with the leadership of City Council President Darrell Clarke, PEA launched the Philadelphia Energy Campaign, a $1 billion, 10-year investment in energy efficiency and clean energy projects. In the first four years of the campaign, PEA facilitated over $167 million in clean energy projects, creating over 1,700 jobs. PEA designs and implements initiatives that are replicable in Philadelphia and across the country. PEA uses energy as an entry point to address many of our biggest challenges— poverty, equitable economic development, climate change, and public health.
Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Alon Abramson, Director, Residential Programs
Number of direct reports: 0
Location: Hybrid remote and in-person at 1400 JFK Blvd (City Hall), Room 566, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (temporarily fully remote)
Open Date: January 19, 2022
Close Date: March 31, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt (Full-Time)
Philadelphia Residency: Required within 6 months of start date
Through this role, the PEA is seeking a Program Manager with experience in the development and management of community-based programming to equitably grow the market for rooftop solar energy through PEA’s Solarize Philly program.
The Program Manager will work with existing PEA and Solarize Philly partners to expand the existing engagement strategy to scale up the existing program to drive solar market development in Philadelphia. Engagement campaigns will include direct partnership and communication with community organizations and individual community members, leveraging earned media opportunities, social media and other virtual communication, including outbound marketing campaigns.
The Program Manager will support homeowners to navigate the process of going solar through Solarize Philly, and support business owners where needs arise. They will also develop solutions to common barriers to solar adoption, and work with the rest of the PEA team to implement those solutions.
PEA values offering a superior experience for participants of our programming and therefore a critical component of this position will be customer support. The Program Manager will manage incoming inquiries from program participants and interested parties related to both the Solarize Philly and PEA’s Water and Sewer Service Line Protection Program and other home protection service products.
Key Success Factors:
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator and a specialist in community-driven communication strategies that build program awareness and growth. The candidate will have an interest in solar energy, energy efficiency, and work in historically underserved communities. We are seeking someone who is innovative and strategic with excellent relationship management skills, and an aptitude for ensuring quality customer experiences.
A commitment to Philadelphia and a passion for energy, sustainability, climate change, equity, and economic development issues are essential.
Responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing Solarize Philly solar installation partners and ensuring all partners meet contractual obligations
- Creating and tracking performance of outbound awareness and engagement campaigns to support Solarize Philly
- Serving as the point of contact for inbound inquiries and service calls related to PEA programs, including our water and sewer line and other home protection programs and Solarize Philly
- Producing content for and managing activities on PEA and Solarize Philly social media accounts
- Maintaining PEA and Solarize Philly websites with campaign content
- Organizing and facilitating the annual Philadelphia Solar Week conference and other events
- May require selection and/or management of interns
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working on multimedia marketing campaigns
- Experience managing external vendors and consultants
- Experience working in residential clean energy, construction, project management and/or construction management (desired).
- Basic knowledge of residential energy systems (desired).
- Experience with customer service and/or managing coalitions
- Exceptional organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, communications platforms, graphic and video design software (preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines
- Philadelphia residency required (within 6 months of date of hire)
Salary & Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include (but are not limited to) generous healthcare, fringe and retirement benefits and paid time off.
How to apply
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role and including how you heard about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must include “[FirstName LastName] Program Manager Application.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. Inquiries or clarifications must be submitted via email.
Please note that effective September 1, 2021 PEA is requiring all new employees to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
The Philadelphia Energy Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.