Clean Air Council | Website
Full Job Description
Description of Responsibilities: Clean Air Council seeks a full-time employee to work on statewide climate and clean energy policy in Pennsylvania with a focus on government and regulatory affairs. The employee would work closely with members of Clean Air Council’s legal and organizing teams, as well as the Council’s Executive Director and Chief Counsel, working on a full range of cutting-edge environmental policy and advocacy efforts in Pennsylvania and at the federal level.
The Council has offices located in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and this position may also be located remotely within Pennsylvania.
The employee’s responsibilities include:
- Monitor state-level environmental legislation and policy in Harrisburg; represent Clean Air Council in meetings with government officials.
- Provide written and oral advocacy at state agencies, the General Assembly, and the Governor’s Office.
- Collaborate and maintain professional relationships with Clean Air Council’s partners, state clean energy coalitions, and a wide network of allies, including: the environmental community; frontline and environmental justice groups; consumer and low-income advocates; labor; the faith community; clean energy businesses; utilities; state and local decision makers; and elected officials.
- Lead research and analysis of state and local climate and clean energy policies in Pennsylvania.
- Ensure that climate investments from the federal Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) are implemented effectively, efficiently, and equitably at the state and local level.
- Submit comments and coordinate with partner groups and agencies on a number of key state and federal climate regulations.
- Draft and edit op-eds related to Clean Air Council’s policy priorities.
- Assist in grant writing and reporting.
The Council is a collaborative organization and, as such, employees may be called on to assist in tasks that fall outside of the above job description from time to time.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain multiple varying deadlines
- Works well as part of a team comprised of different departments (legal, organizing/advocacy, transportation, communications, engineering)
- Good relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and climate action
- Experience with the statutes that govern Pennsylvania’s agency rulemaking process and knowledge of Pennsylvania state government or ability to quickly get up to speed on same
- Law degree or extensive experience with the lawmaking process preferred
About Clean Air Council:
Clean Air Council is Philadelphia’s oldest and most effective regional environmental advocacy non-profit. Founded in 1967, the Council is dedicated to protecting everyone’s right to a healthy environment.
Clean Air Council strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and those with disabilities to apply.
Salary $65,000 to $80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Council offers competitive benefits as well.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest with resume to Joe Minott at firstname.lastname@example.org Alex Bomstein at email@example.com (please include “Policy Staff Position” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19103: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Have you emailed your resume and cover letter to the addresses indicated in the job description?
- policy: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Philadelphia, PA 19103
For more information, click here.