JLL | Website
Jones Lang LaSalle is seeking a Sustainability Certification Manager with technical and business expertise to serve on a client assignment with a Fortune 500 company. The Sustainability Certification Manager will report to the Sustainability Team Lead on account and oversee the certification of sustainability projects such as LEED and FitWel in order to deliver healthier, more efficient workspaces for client team members. The candidate must be a strong self-starter adept at building positive relationships to achieve results, have demonstrated success working in client-facing roles, and thrive on identifying and implementing continuous improvement in sustainable building operations.
*This virtual position can be located in Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, Phoenix, AZ, Boston, St Louis, Minneapolis or San Francisco, CA. There is also an option to work at a local office w/ our financial client. Other locations may be permitted
For more information about JLL’s energy & sustainability efforts, see here: http://www.jll.com/services/corporates/corporates-energy-and-sustainability
- Work as part of the Project Team responsible for the delivery of all activities related to achieving LEED certification of projects, specifically NC and CI, in addition to other certifications such as FitWel
- Act as the project administrator on the USGBC (LEED Online) or other certification website – manage/assign submittals, oversee completion of forms, gather supporting documentation, upload to project site, and submit on time. Manage weekly meetings with consultants/contractor/vendor team to ensure certification process stays on track, and deliverables are developed as schedule requires
- Manage schedule, budget, consultants, vendors, all deliverables, and the certification project site as required for projects
- Prepare regular status and budget reports for client
- Ensure client expectations are in line with level of certification, anticipated costs, and payback periods for capital investments
- Make recommendations to client as to which credits/initiatives/features to pursue/not pursue on an ongoing basis; initiate with a gap assessment
- Ensure that tasks are completed by project team and client, according to established schedule
- Conduct regular update meeting with client to ensure that client expectations about achieving LEED and/or other certifications are managed, and notify client and team proactively of any potential risks to budget, schedule, or credit success
- Complete all documentation required for credit achievement, including drawings, diagrams, maps, floor plans, narratives, policies, etc. as needed for submittals
- Clearly identify for client which credits will be achieved and which may be denied or challenged
- Act as a resource to advise client on available funding, grants, incentives, etc. for sustainable initiatives, that can help offset initial capital costs
- Improve the sustainability and well-being features of facilities in line with industry best practices such as LEED, FitWel, WELL, and beyond
- Subject matter expert on energy optimization, water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, construction waste streams, materials and resources, and sustainability in the built environment
- Knowledge of infrastructure components and optimization practices, including MEP and BMS systems, in new buildings, retrofits, and tenant space
- Knowledge of technologies for energy and sustainability initiatives and familiarity with how to develop business case for investment in energy and sustainability technologies and strategies
- Develop energy management and sustainable practice standards (Owners Project Requirements and Basis of Design) for the client’s real estate portfolio, gain team buy-in, and implement programs to achieve efficiency goals, improve client workspace health and related targets, by specified timelines.
Collaboration & Team
- Collaborate with other JLL energy and sustainability managers to share and learn best practices and publish case studies of successful initiatives. Leverage firm experts in renewable energy, energy supply procurement, and building intelligence tools to meet client goal
- Continually monitor industry trends, evaluate new products and services for potential implementation, and participate in industry working groups. Oversee pilot tests of cutting-edge energy and sustainability solutions.
- Establish a positive rapport with both JLL and client team members to ensure a high level of customer service
- Support new business pursuits and business development through relationship building
- Review current processes through multiple business lines and provide process recommendations to improve operations
- Build strong relationships throughout the team members responsible for the building portfolio to advance sustainable practices through all levels of the organization
- Advise, coach, and lead building staff (facility managers, engineers, technicians) and design teams in identifying, scoping, and implementing energy efficiency and sustainability improvements
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability and energy principles and concepts, particularly related to the built environment and human wellness
- BS in in Engineering (mechanical or electrical), Architecture, Construction Management, business management or related field
- 7+ years of experience with LEED certification, energy conservation, energy management, sustainability management or project management
- LEED BD+C or ID+C accreditation required with at least 12-15 LEED certifications submitted and approved by GBCI. Flexibility to learn and work with other sustainable focused certification platforms.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, building automation and control systems across a variety of building types including commercial offices and datacenters. Ability to perform energy analysis and efficiency calculations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with ability to interface seamlessly with all levels of management.
- Comfortable working in virtual environments and building relationships with remote teams within JLL and the client.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Project and USGBC(including LEED Online), and EPA Portfolio Manager website, and online software platforms, with the ability to use spreadsheets and data analysis applications
- Self-starter, team player, with ability to bring alternate points of view to the discussion and analysis.
- Exceptionally strong project management and leadership skills; ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and organize responsibilities, while managing a multitude of projects
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL’s investment in employees’ needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit their Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via their web site. Please reference Job you are applying for.