AECOM | Website
AECOM is actively seeking highly talented and hardworking additions to our growing transit systems practice in the North-East and is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in traction power or railroad design. This unique and exciting position offers the opportunity to work in a developing practice with great growth opportunities, while receiving support from a global system practice which leads the nation in transit systems design. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to prepare design drawings and documents, technical specifications, cost estimates, calculations, and studies associated with power system.
- Ability to prepare one-line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, writing of substation equipment specifications.
- Ability to exercise of judgment on details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Ability to communicate well with others and support business development opportunities.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally to all AECOM, partner, and client office locations, including project offices, if applicable.
- Ability to perform site investigations and walk-downs in high-voltage substations and along electrified railroads.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. Our Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation infrastructure and deliver advanced mobility solutions to carry our communities into the future — safely, equitably and reliably.
- We combine our extensive planning, design, construction and asset management experience with advanced technologies and innovations to help our public and private clients restore or replace their aging transportation infrastructure, and find smarter, more effective ways to move people and goods across our cities, countries and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
- BA/BS degree plus 2 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 4 plus years of experience in traction power or railroad design.
- Fundamentals of Engineering certification (FE) preferred or willingness to obtain it the certification within 1 years of hiring date.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 247803BR
To apply, click here.