Energy Coordinating Agency | Website
The Energy Coordinating Agency of Philadelphia ( ECA) is a large non-profit organization that has served Philadelphia’s disadvantaged communities since 1984. On an annual basis, the agency will touch close to 5,000 low- to moderate-income households with multiple services.
The Biden administration has substantially increased ECA’s role as the city’s only federally funded weatherization program implementer. As a result, we are looking for an energetic, process-oriented individual who can create a dynamic team of data entry personnel and coordinators, energy auditors and inspectors, to weatherize close to 1,000 homes in the next five years.
A background in building science would be immensely helpful but is not essential. Program management is the key skill, preferably with federal funding. Providing leadership, the successful candidate will take charge and streamline the program which will ultimately improve the low-income homes served by lowering energy costs and improving comfort, all while benefitting our environment with reduced carbon emissions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages ECA’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Supervises field and office staff responsible for intake, scheduling, auditing, installation, client education and inspection.
- Plans and oversees a full range of staff training including customer service, diagnostics, installation, and related skills training in addition to safety training.
- Ensures that the field personnel meet contractual requirements for training and certification.
- Recruits subcontractors and oversees selection and administration of subcontracts as needed.
- Oversees equipment, tools and vehicle purchase and maintenance.
- Handles a wide range of administrative and reporting duties to the State agency and ECA.
- Develops and implements a rigorous analytical system capable of tracking productivity in the program that will enable ECA to meet its quantitative and qualitative objectives.
- Works closely with the staff to ensure proper record keeping and reporting capability is maintained.
- Works closely with the Department Director, Chief Operating Officer and other staff in program design and planning.
- Very strong management and supervisory skills
- Extensive construction and/or energy conservation program management experience.
- Proven administrative ability
- Strong technical skills in building science, energy systems and diagnostics; BPI or HEP certification
- Experience working with SalesForce
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills are paramount