Workforce Development Coordinator
Philadelphia Energy Authority | Website
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA), an independent municipal authority, is working to build a robust, equitable clean energy economy in Philadelphia. Chartered by City Council and the Mayor in 2010, PEA is a quasi-governmental entity based in City Hall. In 2016, in partnership with City Council President Darrell Clarke, PEA launched the Philadelphia Energy Campaign, a $1 billion, 10-year investment in energy efficiency and clean energy projects to create 10,000 jobs. Through 2021, PEA has helped launch over $291MM in projects and created 2500+ jobs. We focus on municipal assets, schools, low- and moderate-income housing, small businesses and commercial and industrial projects and programs. We view energy as a high impact tool for reducing poverty, improving education, strengthening communities and leveraging public investment.
Job Title: Workforce Development Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Director of Development & Workforce Initiatives
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Location: Hybrid – partial work from home and partial at our office at 1400 JFK Blvd (City Hall), Room 566, Philadelphia or on site within Philadelphia as necessary
Open Date: May 1 , 2023
Close Date: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis since PEA is seeking to hire immediately.
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt, Full-time Regular/Hybrid
The Workforce Development group at PEA has recently received a major federal grant requiring expansion of existing programming to support a regional skilled clean energy workforce. The Workforce Development Coordinator will support this team on administrative, operational and programmatic tasks, with a strong focus on reporting, tracking, communications, scheduling and events. The Coordinator will manage social media and other promotions related to recruitment, retention and awareness of our workforce initiatives. Other duties related to fundraising, project management, and general administrative activities will be part of this role.
Key Success Factors:
This role requires a detail-oriented team player with a high level of comfort managing multiple competing priorities and needs. The successful candidate will be resourceful, well-organized and have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, both with internal and external audiences. They will be confident working in a fast-paced environment and be a natural self-starter focused on results rather than solely tasks. Experience working with marginalized populations, workforce development, program reporting, data collection and analysis and/or community-based organizations would be beneficial. A passion for Philadelphia is a must.
- Preparing invoices, contracts, public procurements, and other related administrative and operational documents.
- Creating and collecting data for partner dashboards and reports to meet funder and organizational requirements.
- Coordinating grant proposal content and supporting the Director of Development and Workforce Initiatives in coordinating partner meetings and communication for fundraising efforts.
- Supporting development and implementation of a social media and online promotion strategy for recruitment, retention and awareness related to workforce programming in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders.
- Ensuring processes are in place for tracking and collection of workforce program paperwork, media releases, vendor documents and more. Will work closely with PEA Operations team to coordinate budget, insurance, background check and other tracking needed for workforce programs.
- Providing support as directed to various workforce programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with 3-5 years of experience required. Associates’ degree preferred, education may be substituted for some experience provided it is in a relevant field. Administrative or operations experience is a plus.
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in Philadelphia’s workforce development environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint, in particular), Google Suite, and project and program management tools like Monday.com.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, some experience with social media a plus.
- A passion for Philadelphia and a desire to support diverse communities with dignity and respect.
Salary & Benefits: $50,000-$60,000 salary commensurate with experience, plus competitive benefits package including a generous healthcare package, retirement and fringe benefits, paid time off and government holidays.
To Apply: Submit a brief cover letter describing why you are the best fit for this position, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must include “[FirstName LastName] Workforce Development Coordinator.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. Inquiries or clarifications are preferred to be submitted via email.
The Philadelphia Energy Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.